Monkeypox is a rare disease that all mankind is dealing with now. It’s gradually increasing around the globe having 21,000 confirmed cases globally.
This disease belongs to the same family of viruses that caused smallpox which was entirely eradicated in 1980.
But fortunately, it isn’t as deadly as smallpox.
For example, the signs and symptoms of monkeypox include flu-like symptoms including chills, shivering, cough, headache, backache and rashes that resemble pimple-like blisters.
But it’s quite bothersome that Monkeypox shows the same kind of symptoms that were observed in the patients of smallpox formerly.
Moreover, some special categories like children, older people and pregnant women can face severe consequences.
And Other than anyone, monkey pox is frequent among the men who have sex with men.
HOW MONKEYPOX SPREADS?
Money pox is an in-contact based disease that spreads from person to person unknowingly.
People are likely to be spared this disease while being unaware of their conditions.
Anyways, these are the factors that are blamed for the spread of Monkeypox among people.
- Getting direct contact with a monkey pox affected person’s rashes, scabs, respiratory secretions and body fluids.
- Touching the bedding, clothes, towels or objects that are used by the affected one.
Monkey pox also spreads through intimates contacts that happen during sexual activities (but it’s not a STI).
For example, undertaking any of these activities with a monkey pox affected patient can deliver monkey pox viruses to a healthy person easily.
- Sexual intercourse like vaginal, oral anal sex
- Hugging, kissing as massaging
- Touching genital organs including vagina, penis, testicles, labia or anus
- Touching objects like sex toys, fetish gear, towel, bedding or anything else used by the patient during the sexual intercourse
- Prolonged face to face contact
This is how Monkeypox spreads.
HOW TO PREVENT MONKEYPOX?
You should consider following these below tips to forbid the dramatic spread of Monkeypox among the mass.
- Avoid social gatherings like festivals, events, concerts where unknown and vast amount of people congregate
- Do not share kisses from unknown individuals
- Avoid participating in enclosed spaces like back rooms, private or public sex parties, sex clubs or saunas until vaccination
WHAT TO DO IF YOU SUSPECT ONE HAS MONKEYPOX
Anyone can catch monkeypox.
But if you suspect a folk having the symptoms of monkeypox or have any unexplained rash on their body, follow these tips.
- Avoid any type of sin to skin contacts like kissing, cuddling, hugs and sexual intercourse
- Ask directly if the person has money pox or has tested for it or not
- Do not touch the person’s rashes or scabs with naked hands
- Wear mask while talking to the person and maintain a distance of 6 feet
- Avoid using or touching that person’s personal stuffs like eating utensils, cups, bedding, cloths and towels
- Wash your hands with soap and water or with hand sanitizer after meeting the person
- Do not eat anything or touch your face until your hands are washed
Also Read: Fun and Practical ways stop alcohol intake
WHAT TO DO IF YOU GET ANY RASHES ON BODY
In Case you get any symptoms of monkeypox or get unexplained rashes, consider these measures to stop this disease among your loved ones.
- Get checked out by your own and assure yourself whether you have it or not
- Until then, avoid social gatherings, events and concerts
- Avoid getting involved in sexual intercourse or any skin to skin contact with other people
- Wear mask and stop spitting in public places
- Suggest your family members to stop using your personal stuff like bedding, clothes etc..
- Wear a mask often
- Stop touching the rashes as touching them can spread the rash throughout your body
WHAT TO DO DURING SEX
As you know, sex can deliver the disease from one to other so it’s best to avoid sex if you suspect having monkey pox.
However, if either of you has the symptoms or want sex even these following these preventions may help.
- Avoid kissing
- Get involved in virtual sex
- Masturbate together at least from a distance of 6 feet without touching each other
- Avoid penetration like vaginal and anal sex
- Do not think about oral sex as well
- Prefer love making with your clothes on and cover the areas any of you has rashes
- If planning for penetrative sex then consider using condoms
- Wash the stuffs properly they you used during sex like fetish gear, cloths, bedding or any other objects
- Avoid multiple sex partners
- Influence people you meet on dating apps by making them aware about sex and monkey pox
- Remember the people you had sex with or any personal contacts with in the last 21 days
So, these are the preventions in order to call a halt to the spread of this disease.
So, these are the factors you can do to stop the spread of monkeypox.
The world was never ready to face another outbreak after the coivd-19 and the money pox is here.
So, corporate what the national healthcare systems are advising to do. If we do that, then the termination of this disease will be fast and easy.
You know what you have to do.
Best of luck:)