INDUS VALLEY CIVILIZATION
1. Indus valley civilization belongs to which age ?
ans- Bronze age
2. Indus valley civilization forms part of the –
ans- proto history of India
3. The Indus valley civilization flourished during in which period of tome ?
ans- 2500-1700 BC
4. What was the most significant feature of the Indus valley civilization ?
ans- Town planning
5. The people of Indus valley civilization usually built their houses of –
ans- Pucca bricks
6. Which soil was used to make brick in Indus valley civilization ?
ans- Alluvial soil
7. Why was the Indus valley civilization was Non-Aryan ?
ans- because It was urban
8. The evidences of the Indus valley civilization were first discovered at which place ?
9. Harappa was discovered by whom ?
ans- Dayaram Sahni
10. Harappa was discovered by the scholar Dayaram Sahni in which year?
11. Harappa was located on which river bank?
12. The group of six granaries in a row have been found at ?
13. The largest building of Harappan civilization,that has been found –
ans- Granary at Mahenjo-Daro
14. The evidence of Bangels has been found at –
15. Which was the most important feature of the Harappan towns ?
ans- Grid planning
16. Harappan tools and implements were made of which metal ?
ans- Copper and Bronze
17. Which metal was unknown to the Harappa people?
18. Most of the Harappan potary were made of which colour ?
ans- Red in color
19. The main corps of Harappan civilization were unacquainted –
20. The Harappan People were the first in the production of –
21. Which materials were was used in building in Harappan cultures ?
22. The greatest artistic creation of Harappan culture –
23. Most of the Indus seals were made of what ?
24. Mahenjo-Daro or ‘mound of dead’ was discovered by whom?
ans- Rakhal Das Banarjee
25. Mahenjo-Daro or ‘mound of dead’ was discovered in which year ?
26. Mahenjo-Daro was located on the river bank of which river ?
27. The largest number of ‘seals’ have been found at place ?
28. ‘Seals‘ were perhaps used by whom ?
ans- Merchants & trades
29. ‘Pashupati seal’ has been found at which place ?
30.‘BEARDED FIGURE’ has been found in which place ?
31.The ‘Great Bath’ of the Indus valley civilization was found at –
32.Which was the port city of Indus valley civilization ?
ans- Lothal (presently in Gujrat)
33. In which Harappan city a bronze dancing girl was found ?
34.Which town of Indus valley civilization was flooded and destroyed more than seven times ?
35. People of the Indus valley civilization worshiped to which God ?
36. Lothal was discovered by which scholar ?
ans- S.R RAO in 1957
37. In which place in Indus valley civilization rice husks has been found ?
ans- Lothal and Rangpur
38. Terracotta model of a ship has been found at which place ?
39. At which place of Indus valley civilization the evidence of ‘Chess’ and ‘measuring scale’ have been found ?
40. Silver were imported to Indus city from from which place ?
ans- Afghanistan and Iran
41.The Indus valley people also traded with whom ?
42. How many photographs were found in Indus valley civilization ?