INTRODUCTION OF DINOSAURS:
About 265 millions years ago, our planet was very different than its today.one of the biggest differences is that dinosaurs ruled the land. The word “dinosaurs” comes from the ancient GREEK word denios ,means terrible and saurus means lizard. A dinosaurs a type of reptile that went extinct 65 millions years ago.
CLASSIFICATION OF DINOSAURS:
Scientist are able to learn about the different species of dinosaurs by examining their fossils, which are the remains of dinosaurs preserved by minerals. According to consumption of food the scientist have classified dinosaurs into 3 major groups.
1-CARNIVORES DINOSAURS :
These are the types of dinosaurs who may have been eating their own kind. In this way the dinosaurs which are feed on meet where known as carnivores. some carnivores dinosaurs: albertosaurus, allosaurus, coelophysis, compsognathus, deinonychus, dilophosaurus,eoraptor, spinosaurus, troodon, albertonykus etc. There also known as meat eaters. there are 100 types of dinosaurs who ate meet. Almost 35% of the total dinosaurs were carnivores.
- Spinosaurus was the biggest of all the carnivores dinosaurs. It lived during part of the cretaceous period, about 112 million to 97 million years ago, roaming the swamps of north Africa .Spinosaurus was the most dangerous dinosaurs had the size of 15-16 m. and had the mass of 6400-7500 kg.
source: victor stock
- Troodon was the smartest carnivores . Troodon was a meat eaters of the size of a man with a brain as big as an avocado pit.
- Albertonykus was known as the smallest carnivores dinosaurs and the albertonykus at 70cm long is thought to have eaten only insects.
- Any animal that feeds on plants is called a herbivore. In this way, the dinosaurs which are feed on plant are called herbivorous dinosaurs. These are known as plant eating dinosaurs. Plant eating dinosaurs include the brachiosaurus , diplodocus, stegosaurus and triceratops.
- According to the data it has been found that many of the largest herbivorous specimens on the record were raised in the 1970s or later and include the massive (Titanosaur Argentinosaurus Huinculensis)which is the largest dinosaurs known from uncontroversial evidence ,estimated to have been 50-96.4 metric tons (55.1-106.3short tons)and 30-39.7m (98-130 feet)long.
- Paleontologists from the United States and Canada have described a new species of dinosaurs named Albertabromeus Syntarsus, the smallest herbivorous dinosaur known from Canada and it was found 77 million years ago on earth.
- Deinosheirus was the biggest dinosaur that was clearly omnivorous
Fruitadens haagarorum was known as the smallest omnivorous dinosaurs. It was of the size of squirrel and would have dined on fruit and insects about 150 million years ago.